Equatorial Guinea 5 Reed hut constructed for me

To be truthful, when we landed, I really was surprised.
There was a village on this ½ sq. km. dot of land, and I was surely the first traveller to ever visit it. Not only that, but the friendly villagers considered me to be an honoured guest who had obviously come there to settle. By nightfall, a reed hut had been constructed for me to live in. Then I, and the entire village sat down to a feast of grilled fish, manioc and copious quantities of palm wine. This was followed by dancing, drumming, and drinking long into the night. It was very late when I finally staggered to my hut and I did not have the inclination to reflect on my onward journey. Were I feeling romantic, I may have conjured up a multitude of exotic, Robinson Crusoe-style scenarios. But sleep intervened and I awoke to the reality of a buzzing outboard motor. And so it was, with the entire village enthusiastically waving farewell, that the possessor of Tourist Visa No. 001 finally departed Equatorial Guinea.
David W. Bennett