Africa Travel Journal 5 Keetmanshoop

After covering roughly 3,000 km of mainly dirt roads throughout Namibia, we are now going to be taking an overnight train towards the southern border of Namibia with South Africa (Keetmanshoop). We still haven't met our friends with the Land Rover as they have had endless troubles with their vehicle. However, it sounds looks like the end of the repairs might be in sight. Hopefully they'll be able to drive up part-way to meet us when we arrive in a couple days!
As I write this my fingers are numb from the freezing cold. I have been sitting fifty feet from this waterhole since 5:30AM, which is when I first heard the roar of a lion somewhere near my tent. Although the male never showed up, two small cubs could be seen quietly stepping over the stones on their way to the water.
While sitting at a waterhole, one is treated to a procession of animals, usually one group drinking while the next is patiently waiting.
Calvin & Sharon

(to be continued)