Africa Travel Journal 3 mopane worms

Walking through the singles quarters, a common area providing cover for people to sell their foods, I see nearly everything for sale. I was actually tempted to eat one of the thick roasted mopane worms that I saw spilling out of an overflowing sack, but without water on hand, I didn't fancy keeping the taste in my mouth for long! Moving on further, red peppers, cabbage, and rows upon rows of butcher tables. A girl sitting with two white tubs of brown frothy mixture offered me a drink of her home-made beer. Tradition is for her to take a drink of the mix from the bowl before me.
The butcher tables were heaping with inside-out cattle parts, many looking very fresh. A man holds a cow kidney in his hand like a baseball, ready to drop it on the grill. The barbecues were full of activity, roasting everything in sight. A quiet cow head looks longingly at me from the ground, it's hoofed feet proped against it's ears... Somehow I didn't feel hungry.
Calvin & Sharon
(to be continued)